Nowadays - Open Call for Artists
The theme of the call revolves around the word "Nowadays" understood in its broadest spectrum.
Artists are invited to develop the theme freely, even if only on a conceptual or philosophical level.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
To apply, read and follow the guidelines carefully before to fill in the application form below.
Our Open Call is international, all visual artists over the age of 18 and from all artistic disciplines, regardless the medium and styles, are invited to apply.
Images should be original artwork created by the artist, must not be replicas of already-existing works.
Each artist or collective can apply only one time, applications subsequent to the first will not be evaluated.
All the submission coming from other way than the following form will not be evaluated.
Participation is free of charge, a fee will be required only to the selected artists to cover a part of their awards (list below). In case of selection, the artist is not obliged to participate, but can also refuse.
How to apply
In the form below, you will be asked to attach the following documents:
- 1 image of one of your artworks. You must own the copyright.
- Artwork information
- Short biography
- Artistic statement
- Artwork images should be labeled as: First Name_Last Name_Title of Art
- Image size should be up to 3.0 MB in JPG format
- Only the artwork should be visible, clear and in focus. Please crop out any background in the images or trademark
- Images must be original work created by the artist
The following evaluation criteria will be used for judging the artwork: creativity, interpretation of the theme, originality and quality of art, overall design, demonstration of artistic ability, and usage of medium. The judgement is final and unquestionable and is made by our internal curatorial team with the support of external experts.
A shortlist of the best artworks among all the applicants will be drawn up based on the quality of single entry as well as quality of overall artistic practice.
The selected artists will take part in the New Visions group exhibition, will receive a certificate of participation and will be promoted individually on our website, social platforms, newsletter and through our community of worldwide collectors, curators and art lovers.
Selected artists will also be given the opportunity to take part in other initiatives including publication in a catalogue with their biography and other artworks out of competition, a personal interview published on our platforms, and they will receive a proposal for a long term collaboration with our gallery.
All the services listed above will be carried out upon a fee which will be applied only to selected artists in order to partially cover the cost. The gallery currently does not take a commission fee on sold works and all sales will be referred back to the artist. We encourage you listing the artwork for sale but it is not a requirement.
This Agreement represents terms and conditions between the artist and Florence Contemporary Gallery. Before submitting their artwork all artists who want to participate in any competition must agree to the following:
- Artist retains the sole copyright for the images
- All artists will be considered for any future curatorial projects from Florence Contemporary, not limited to publications, exhibitions, gallery projects (all displayed images will be credited with their artist name)
- Florence Contemporary Gallery will use your images only for marketing, promotional, and display purposes for any competition on our website.
- You the artist agrees to allow Florence Contemporary Gallery to archive chosen artwork as part of exhibition.
- Selected works will include artist name, title of work and a link back to their website or email address if they do not have a website
- Images will not be resold, exchanged or copied
- By participating in the call, the participant automatically accepts all the above conditions.